2019 – today
As part of my work as a Technical Account Manager, I work with Kubernetes every day. Especially for troubleshooting and testing things, I have created a few helpful container images that are also available on Docker Hub:
- simonkrenger/k8s-isolation – Containers to stress or break your Kubernetes cluster
- simonkrenger/echoenv – HTTP Request debugging image
- simonkrenger/random-webservice – Small webservice
- simonkrenger/k8s-etcd-decryptor – Go Tool to decrypt encrypted etcd values
- simonkrenger/unix-signal – Container image to catch signals
- simonkrenger/netcat-container – Container to run netcat
2021 – today
I like using Prometheus to monitor different kind of things, not necessarily only computer-related things.
- simonkrenger/avelon-cloud-prometheus-exporter – Exporter for Avelon Cloud IoT Devices
- simonkrenger/obloc-exporter – Exporter for the occupancy rate at O’Bloc
- simonkrenger/internetbox2-exporter – Exporter for the Swisscom Internet-Box 2 router
2019 – 2021
Since early 2019 I am interested in playing around with fitness and health data, so I wrote a few scripts to handle Apple Health and Garmin data.
2017 – 2020
In my opinion, the Tanuki Java Service Wrapper is the best Java wrapper out there. Sadly, Tanuki does not provide the binary files for their Java Service Wrapper for Windows x64. But since the wrapper is released under the GPL, the source files are available, so I choose to regularly compile the wrapper binaries myself and provide them on my website.
2014 – today
I have contributed minor work to various Open Source projects, here are the better known ones:
2017 – 2018
At SBB, we operated large OpenShift clusters and AWS resources for the worlds densest railway network. Many of these resources can internally be ordered using a self-service portal, which we have made public on GitHub. For example, the self-service portal allows you to provision OpenShift projects and quotas or Amazon S3 buckets.
For The Kubernetes Workshop by Packt Publishing, I was a reviewer and content producer for several chapters.
I am the author of the MySQL 8 Recipes video course by Packt Publishing. This video course contains simple recipes to work with the latest version of the MySQL database. The course is geared towards database administrators and programmers that want to work with MySQL 8.
2013 – 2014
Cluster SQL*Plus is a BASH script to query multiple Oracle databases in large environments. It functions as a wrapper for Oracle SQL*Plus to make working with multiple databases easier. It allows you to manage large environments and can be used to generate reports, automate queries over many databases or just to screw around on multiple databases at once.
2011 – 2016
For my studies in Computer Science, I like to keep my scripts and code in a repository. Since my notes and my code could also be of help for other students, I chose to make them publicly available on GitHub. Here some of the lectures (German):